Appendix B: Benefits by Module
Core CAPPS Financials Modules (4)
Maintains transaction and vendor data while invoices are paid in a centralized system, including matching (verification) with purchase orders and receiving. Integrates with the current statewide vendor and accounting systems.
- Ensures through automated reconciliation that agencies only pay for goods and services that were ordered and received.
- Provides a rigorous audit trail for vendor and voucher information.
- Provides a single, centralized source for transaction data.
Provides a fully integrated asset information system, including integration with Requisitions, Purchasing, Receipts and Accounts Payable modules.
- Reduces redundant data entry and simplifies asset maintenance and reconciliation.
- Adheres to GAAP, GASB rules and statutory reporting.
- Allows agencies to track non-financial asset information like physical movement, location and custodians.
General Ledger/Commitment Control
Provides efficient/flexible processing of financial data with real-time controls to ensure data accurately meets agency reporting requirements.
- Enables flexible reporting to meet federal, state and agency-specific requirements.
- Provides real-time check of transactions against appropriation, organization, project budgets and management of encumbrances and pre-encumbrances.
- Enables efficient processing of General Ledger data through various delivered data entry functions and features.
- Allows for comprehensive budget inquiry with drill-down capabilities to source transactions.
Improves the efficiency of processing orders, including requisitions, solicitations, purchase orders and receiving. Ensures statewide policy compliance through integrated tools linking all procurement documents together throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Provides a centralized source of transaction processing that results in one record of information.
- Enhances traceability and visibility for the entire lifecycle of a transaction.
- Enables integration with Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Commitment Control and Project Costing modules.
- Facilitates Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) reporting.