Report to the 85th Legislature: CAPPS — ERP in Texas
The CAPPS Program Model
Strengths of the CAPPS Program Model
- Application modifications are made once, then made available to all CAPPS Central and Hub agencies.
- Allows CAPPS security software updates to be applied consistently across all CAPPS agencies.
- CAPPS as a PeopleSoft-based system, leverages existing PeopleSoft knowledge and expertise.
- Reduces implementation and support costs.
- Leverages statewide licensing and maintenance costs.
- Facilitates reporting and CAPPS Hub agency flexibility.
- Allows for agency-specific processing controlled by the agency.
- Enables large complex agencies to keep ERP and non-ERP data closely tied together.
- Increases functionality for agencies using Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS) and Uniform Statewide Payroll/Personnel System (USPS).