The CAPPS Program Model
The CAPPS program model offers agencies two alternatives for onboarding to CAPPS – CAPPS Central and CAPPS Hub.
- Main systems platform of the CAPPS program.
- Centrally managed and maintained by CPA.
- PeopleSoft-based CAPPS Financials and HR/Payroll baseline applications and related components.
- CPA bears costs of transition, deployment, and ongoing maintenance and support.
- Deploying agencies cover internal costs such as staff, training and travel.
- For large, complex agencies or agencies with established PeopleSoft-based systems.
- Not centrally managed by CPA.
- Hub agencies receive their own copy and regular updates of the CAPPS Financials and HR/Payroll baseline applications to implement, maintain and support on their own infrastructure.
- CAPPS Hub agencies bear costs of transition, deployment and ongoing maintenance and support and all other internal costs.
- TxDOT, HHS, Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and Texas Education Agency (TEA) are CAPPS Hub agencies deployed on CAPPS Financials, CAPPS HR/Payroll or both.