Report to the 86th Legislature: CAPPS — ERP in Texas
The CAPPS Program Model
Strengths of the CAPPS Program Model
- Allows application modifications to be made once, which are made available to all CAPPS Central and Hub agencies.
- Allows CAPPS security software updates to be applied consistently across all CAPPS agencies.
- Enables current PeopleSoft users to leverage existing knowledge and expertise as a PeopleSoft-based system.
- Reduces implementation and support costs.
- Leverages statewide licensing and maintenance costs.
- Facilitates reporting and CAPPS Hub agency flexibility.
- Allows for agency-specific processing controlled by the agency.
- Enables large complex agencies to keep ERP and non-ERP data closely tied together.
- Provides agencies more functionality than Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS) and Uniform Statewide Payroll/Personnel System (USPS).